Skip to main content

Accidental Brother

Chapter 11
When I woke up it was already 10 am, wow I slept all through,
its Saturday I wonder why nobody woke me
Not even the devil.
I slowly came out of the room,
mom will be busy in the kitchen by now
Dad will be gisting him, that's how lovely they are
I was surprised when I saw only mom in the kitchen
"Good morning mom"
"Finally awake" she mocked
"Sorry mom, was super tired," I said and sat at the kitchen stool
I normally clean the toilet and bathroom and my room,
Then the devil clean the sitting room and our parents' room,
I wash mom's cloth, he washes dad, so our duties are shared.
"Let me go clean up the toilet," I said as I stood up to leave.
"It is already been taking care off," she said, and it surprised me
"How?" I asked
"Mavis did all the cleaning last night," he said, that's impossible,
The devil has never made my life easy,
Now I remembered what he said yesterday, I got scared
And it amplified when I remembered the dream
"Where is he?" I asked as I felt my throat tightened,
"Honey he left," my mom said as she seasoned the soup.
Yea by this time he will be at the field,
So I decided to confront him when he is back
"Where is dad?" I asked as I didn't see him anywhere
"He is the one driving him there," she said, now am all confused
"Driving him where?" I asked, the field he plays ball is not far from here
So where did he drove him
"Thought he said he already told you everything," she said, giving me full attention
"Told me what"
"He is going to be living with his aunt from now on," my mom said and my eye widened
"He left this morning?" I asked
"Yes," she said sadly
"I thought it would be next week," I said, playing along,
That devil never told me anything. I looked down and took a deep breath
"Sorry honey, he left already" my mom patting my back
She thinks am sad, my happiness knows no bound
Finally, the devil is no more, I walked to my room to really breath in my freedom and happiness



Chapter 12
Everything has been perfect since the devil left
Though work at home seems more, I still love it
The holiday will soon be over I pray Oliver would still be our student
The devil calls from time to time, I always manage to escape talking to him
His voice will bring back memories which am fighting hard to forget
He is not coming back, even if he does I think things will be different
"Come honey" I heard my mom called, so I rush to her
"Here" she passes the phone over to me, I looked at her with narrowed vision
"Say hello to your brother," she said and a chill ran down my body
"Hello" I manage to utter, no reply, did the line go dead, that would be lovely
"Hello" I repeated just to be sure
"Hello Cupcake" his deep voice came through, you know, that type they write in novels
"Dev... Mavis"
"You wanted to call me devil" he chuckles, I just rolled my eyes
"Don't you dare roll your eyes on me cupcake" he said sounding amused
how the hell did he know
"Have you seen any school you like?" I asked ignoring his comment
"Sure, will be starting next week," he said in a bored tone
"We resume next week too"
"Don't miss me much," he said. As if I will
"Be good, over there," I said and looked at my mom, she is gone "devil," I said and hung up
"Mom here is your phone," I said as I entered their room.
"Good, sit down I want to tell you something," she said, hmmm I wanted some alone time
"What?" I asked pretending to be interested.
"We would be moving to our own house next month" she squealed and my eye widened
Since when do we have a house
"What do you mean"
"Your father has been building, a bungalow, even before he met me, it was sort of slow but steady, it's finally done." she said
"Wow" that's all I can say, nobody ever tells me thing in this family.
"So next month we move, and upper month I open a supermarket, we already save enough money." she said dreamily.
You see, as the devil left, good things happen, I pray he never comes back
Am not a bad sister.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun