Skip to main content

Sacrifice


Chapter 11
I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here.
"I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked
"Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying
"Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said
"So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his.
"Don't ruin your life for her"
"Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand.
"Come Missy, let's go" he said with a warm smile that melts my heart, he stretched out his hand and it strucked me how much I will rely on him, I took his hand as he helped me up.
"Peter...."
"Don't bother mom, I can't deny this rush am having, I just can't let it slip by" he said and led me out, Lydia followed us.
"Peter can't you just endure it for a while, dad will still calm down and everything will be solved" Lyd said with tears in her eyes, Peter cupped her cheek.
"Don't worry Lyd, everything will be alright" he said, Lyd turned at me.
"Take care of yourselves, once you get settled call me and I will always visit" she said, I just gave her a nod loosing all energy to utter a word.
Peter led me away as we slowly walked side by side carrying our bags, am no longer shedding tears, I think I have non left, just a single mistake and am here, walking with Peter who is innocent of the crime, I looked back and think of how it should've been Paul here with me, he didn't even comeout to say goodbye.
"Am sorry" I managed to say. I stopped so did he "you should go back and tell them everything" I said, he turned to me
"It will complicate things" he said
"At least you will be free" I said
"Here with you is being free, you know am a guy that always predict how every day is going to be" he said, I raised my head to look at him.
"Every morning when I wake up, I will think about the day, and my prediction always end up right or nearly right" he inhaled "in essences, am never surprised nothing happens outside my expectations" he looked backed, like his thinking about something.
"But today, my prediction was wrong, never in my expectation did I imagined being here" he scoffed "the mere thought of being here and not having a clear view of what happens next gives me an uncontrollable urge to be with you" he said, so to him am just the uncertain.
"I can tell you what will happen" I said slowly
"Do tell" he said bending low to meet my eyes.
"We go hungry, cause no means of livelihood, you hate me for all this, you run home and tell you parents the truth they all blame me, Paul denies and I will be seen as a mad girl that don't even know who's responsible" I said with a hiccup. He laughed, then cupped my cheek.
"Though I can't predict what happens, but this I can say for sure, am not going to tuck tail and run" he said, and it really reassured me and my heart soared with admiration, I just nodded.
"So let's keep going" he said and we continued our journey, looking at us now we look like to siblings travelling together, after a while we reached the main road. I heaved a breath so did he.
"Now the biggest challenge is where to head to" he said, I dont know either, currently I will go where ever he takes me, he took a leave from the ground and threw it up the watch as it slowly fall.
"What are you doing" I asked
"We will head to where'er the head is facing" he said and I paid attention too as the leaf hits the ground. The head was facing the direction if my formal town, I gulped that means we are headed there.
"So its the town at the left" he said, I don't want to go there, I already have previous embarrassment, but I also don't want to appear demanding for a guy that have already don so much
"What if the head pointed back to where we came out from" I asked.
"Then we will go back and perhaps rent a house next door to our parents" he said, and I smiled, then scoffed.
"That's it, dear, keep smiling, be happy even if you have to pretend" he said I just nodded, he stopped a bus and we entered,
"First, let's head to a hotel and plan what to do next" he said as the bus drove off.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

The Sacrifice

Good news The Sacrifice is now available on Okadabooks for all my fans that still wants to read it https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sacrifice/28589