Skip to main content

My Monster

Chapter 11

      Why do I have this fantasy of him, we're not even considered friend, his eyes keeps sucking me in, each time.
"So Barbie, I must collect," he said and withdrew, I touched my face, it's hot, I must be blushing like a red tomato.
"What's the call about?" he asked facing front, I hope he didn't notice the blush, I stuttered
"He's angry I sneaked away, so I promised to make it up to him," I said, honestly am more interested in talking with Eric than making it up to Kevin.
"Instead of making an assumption, ask first what he wants, it will reduce you the worry," he said,
"Yea that's true, I will ask him, let us meet during break then I will tell you his response," I said.
"Wow Barbie, what an authoritative way of asking a guy out on a date," he said
"What?" I almost yelled
"You just asked me on a date Barbie," he said with a smile, my eyes widened, I just did.
"That's...I mean..." I started stuttering. He smiled and took my hand that I was busy waving in the air like sign language.
"I wouldn't mind," he said and once again the milky taste came, the indescribable pool of emotions.
"You won't," I said, mainly as a statement to myself then I heard the bell for the first lesson.
"Time for class," I said standing up
"Run along, I will spend my first period here," he said and laid down, he covered his face with his Godfather novel. I guess he wants to be alone, I then left but occasionally looked back, I nearly went back to suggest we should both spend our first period here.
When I came inside the class it was a mess, students were sitting in circles talking, even some art students are here, that only happens when a teacher request we combine class.
I looked and saw Amina, she is sitting close to Richie, I also went to my seat which is close, looking at me you will think am among the clique.
"Did you see the picture?" Gabriella asked, she is also an art student
"Of course, if handsomeness had a face, am sure it would be him," Amina said
"Normally I will act all jealous and say am more handsome, but I rather not insult myself," Richie said giving Amina a stink eyes.
"Who are they talking about" I whispered to Amina, basically she's my only friend.
"It's junior, the grandson of Mr. Stephenson," he said "it was actually his birthday that Friday, instead of coming he posted his picture on the network's webpage," she said with a hint of sadness.
"Wait you mean Stephenson, the CEO of the largest African network company," I asked, shocked, she just nodded, I never knew it was their house on Friday, no wonder everybody was paying respect to them.
"At least the rumor is now cleared," Another girl said, I don't know her name.
"What rumor?" Richie asked.
"The company board of directors suspected he died with his mother since nobody ever saw him since then" she took a breath "even as it was reported that he's the one that gave them the social data plan and how to maximize income from it. Some believe it was Mr. Stephenson doing just to mislead the people thinking he's dead" she said and I listened, it doesn't concern me but it's intriguing, the guy must really be awesome.
"Now with his picture out, the rumor is dead, I guess all the directors with a daughter will want their daughter to be the lucky girl," she said with a wicked grin.
"I don't mind being called the lucky girl, Junior is handsome" Gabriella squealed
"You know I wanted him to come back, but seeing how handsome he is am glad he didn't show up," Obinna said, clearly he is jealous.
"Do you also want to be the lucky girl?" Richie asked Amina, she turned to him and smiled
"Am already lucky," She said, the group smiled at the lovely couple.
"Why is there no teacher in the class," I asked.
"Went for a meeting," Kevin answered me coming to my desk, he sat down on it like doctors do when talking to patients. "So what do you have for me?" he asked I know he's here cause of what I promised
"Do tell, what do you want?" I smiled and he returned the gesture, his once cute smile I considered angelic is now plain and simple to me.
"How about a date," he said,
"Kevin," I said slowly, I wonder if he thinks I will accept him. I thought he would've known by now that it was a peaceful rejection.
"It's not a date date kind of date, just two classmates, friends hanging out on a Friday evening," he said and I smiled. I guess that's good
"OK. A date it is" I said, then remembered I have a date also with Eric, I looked around and everybody is engaged with something. Kevin left to be with his friends, I then stood up to go have an early date since the teachers are in a meeting. I stopped as I stood up to leave, for my supposed date is now walking inside the class, everybody watched as he went to sit behind me. Immediately he sat down a teacher entered, I sat down too and the art students left. My back felt warm as the teaching goes on, like am standing in front of a warm sun, I relaxed and decided to bask in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun