Skip to main content

My Monster


Chapter 15

     "It's getting late, time to leave before they noticed I snuck out," he said bringing me out of my trance, I swallowed before speaking for my throat is dry.
"Yea, my mom will soon call," I said and stood up, I went and wore my sandals slowly, he dressed up before I finished buckling my sandals
"Let's be going," he said and I followed.
"Why did you snuck out?" I asked and he shrugged.
"I had a date," he said and I gasped "not that type of date Barbie," he said, should I really be bothered, I stopped as I watched him walk ahead. I thought Bella was stupid for falling for a beast, even though the beast was prince charming, I hated Fiona for falling for Shrek, even turning to an Ogre just to be with Shrek. But right now am starting to see the reason for their action, Love is beyond human reasoning it's really blind. For here I stand falling for the boy in the mask, even when he is considered a monster by others.
"Are you not coming?" he asked turning to me, it's already getting dark, but the light from the stores illuminates his face, even with the mask, I could see his beautiful soul. No matter how much I deny it or act oblivious, the truth is, I have fallen for this monster, I fell the day he came out of that bus.
"Let's stop a cap," I said, my house is far, I don't want to walk home with him when all I want is to grab him down and kiss him.
"Alright," he said and stopped the taxi coming our way, he opened the door for me as I entered, I raise my head to say my goodbyes but he entered too.
"What kind of man would I be if I don't get you home," he said and I smiled, I gave the driver my address and he drove off, he kept looking at Eric through the rear mirror, it's normal for a masked man enters your car.
"I love the fact you're simple, it's really sweet," he said,
"I took your advice," I said, remembering how I wished for him to see me when I left the house to see how simple I was, guess my wishes came true.
"Want to play a game?" he asked, I nodded "we have to be very fast, it's a game of questions," he said "we count then ask questions, we answer fastly, and ask fastly" he explained, I understood what he meant so we started
"1 2 3, what's your father's name?" he asked fastly
"Franklin" I answered "1 2 3, ever dated before?" I asked,
"No, 1 2 3, what will you do with a million dollars?" he asked
"Be a philanthropist" I answered, the speed in which we question and answer makes it impossible to think, so we asked and answered by instinct, it was fun we kept at it as the car drives.
"Ever fallen in love?" I asked
"No" he answered
"Say the first name that comes to your mind?" he asked
"Eric" I answer, my eyes widened at the name I just called, we both stopped asking the question and we arrived in front of my house the same moment. He paid the driver, I quickly came down, he followed and drew me back.
"Why the rush?" he asked, I just keep embarrassing myself in front of him, I couldn't look at him so I kept my face down. "Wasn't the fairytale what you expected?" he asked, I looked at him and once again am drawn by his eyes.
"Everything and more" I answered and he smiled, he answered he has never fallen in love, so to him am nothing more than a classmate.
With that on my mind, I walked towards our gate and he watches me leave, tears flowed immediately as I turned, my feet getting heavier at each step. I look at my watch it's 7:00 pm, I willed myself to keep walking, my heart was heavy, I need a saviour.
"Barbie" he called, with a voice so different from before, with him calling I melted away, and every defense I had come crumbling down, my determination was resolved, I got stuck halfway to the gate, I couldn't move forward. The only thing I did was turn at him, "Barbie" he called again like a warrior that is exhausted. I bolted towards him as all human reasoning left me, I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my toe then locked lips with him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun