Skip to main content

The Bond Between Us

Chapter 20
When Martins got home he is so happy, such happiness last for days, his mother saw his happiness and was glad the girl makes her son happy.
"You seem happy" she said and Martins smile widened
"Yes, very" he replied
"I have something to tell you" she said, and Martins gave her the attention
"I know how much you have been trying concerning me and am proud and grateful, so I now plan to ease your suffering" she said and confusion appeared on Martins face
"Your uncle, the one living in the north have been bugging me to come over, so he can help out" she said
"Mom, I never complain that you are burden" he said almost immediately
"I know, but as a mother, am suppose to take care of you, according to your uncle he already secured a job for me there, you know how much I have searched for work" she said
"What of your health" he asked
"Am fine as long as I take my medication, if I work too, we can send you to university and if you have only your stomach to feed you will save more" she try persuading her
"I know, but will you have the strength to work" he said
"Am not old, stop treating me like am old" she said and Martins giggled "here is the thing, I won't go unless you allow me" she said.
"Is that so" he said with a smirk, making her mother nervous
"Yes, but you know its the best option, after all you sometimes travel for days leaving me alone, you can also cook your own food, you are a man" she said, Martins wanted to tell her about Chief offer of scholarship, but he also sense his mom desire to leave, she have been complaining of being useless.
"Ok mom, so when do you plan to go" he said
"Today" she answered nervously, and Martins gasped, but wasn't that surprise cause his mother have the habit of leaving such things till the last minutes.
"And you are all packed" he said as a matter of fact. She nodded and he smiled.
At Chief house, it isn't as peaceful as Martins, Chief have imposed his decision of Joy getting married to Charles, he wants the engagement to be finalize before Joy gets admission.
"I don't love him dad" she said, hoping he can see reasons
"You loved him once, and he is such a fine young man, you can easily love him just give him the chance" he said, his wife and George is quiet on the issue.
"That was just a child fantasy, I out grew it" she said with much frustration
"You will marry him that's final, he is from a rich background and your union will expand my company" he said already fuming
"So you plan to sell me for money" she barked, receiving a slap from her father, for the first time in her life. She looked at her father but didn't recognize him, he look like a stranger. Beads of tears rolled down. Out of frustration she took off and ignored even when her mom and brother called her.
"Must you impose your decision on everyone" His wife asked
"Only when its best for them" he said
"And how is it best to make your daughter marry who she feels nothing for" George said and angrily went upstairs. His mom followed after glaring at Chief, but non of that matters cause he still believe he is doing what's best.
Joy left the house in anger, her eyes filled with tears, she stopped a tricycle and went straight to Martins house, the house was empty when she got there, the gate wasn't locked so she went inside to wait. She saw a bench in front of the house and sat on it. She would've call Martins but she left her phone at home, after like an hour she fell asleep since Martins is not home yet.
Martins came back in the evening and was shocked to see Joy sleeping on the same bench he normally fall asleep on, but always fall off. He walked closer, its getting dark how come she is here and how long have she been here and why didn't she picks up when he called, all this kept repeating in Martins mind.
"Love" he said shaking her slightly for her to wake up, she scratched her nose, making Martins smiled at the cute gesture.
"Wake up love" he said again, joy slowly opened her eyes, she smiled as she registered the face in front of her,
"Martins" she said with a visible relieve.
"Let's go inside" he said, that seem to be the most important thing, she followed him inside, hand in hand. "Would you like something to eat" he asked and she vehemently nodded, Martins chuckled, she haven't ate anything since afternoon.
He made tea for her since that's the fastest and she seem hungry, he watch her eat and still didn't question her about the sudden visit.
"Thank you, you are a lifesaver" she said after eating, Martins took care of everything and still didn't say anything, he's giving her the chance to say it herself.
"You are wondering why am here" she said barely above a whisper, Martins nodded.
"I had a huge argument with dad" she said remembering what happened
"And why is that" he asked, his feeling nervous already.
"He said that the engagement must happen before I get admission, he is not even giving me time to think, he don't care about my choice all he cares about is expanding his empire" she kept ranting and Martins left her believing it will help her nerves. He is also lost in thought, he knows how much the decision affects their relationship.
"So you ran to my house" he asked, inside he is glad she did, that means he's her refuge
"Yes, am sorry for dragging you into this" she said weakily.
"No problem, so are you ready to go yet" he asked and she shook her head
"Am not going, not today I hate that decision and hate how far he is willing to go cause of it" she fumed
"So you're just going to stay here with me" he asked and Joy mistook it as him unwilling to help
"Am sorry for coming, I will find somewhere else, and if it makes you feel any better I didn't refuse the engagement because of you, I refused it cause I can't end up for who I feel nothing for" she is already crying, she took off before Martins could say anything.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun