Skip to main content

The Bond Between Us

Chapter 18
"Fits like a glove" George said, after seeing how Martins looked on the suit he gave him, its a black suit, "am sure you will be the girls fantasy tonight" he said
"I think you have that part covered" Martins said, and they both laughed
"You know I have always wanted to be like you, the brains the look, the maturity, you are a guy we all want to be like. After you left some guys started talking how they can't stand you, how they hated you cause you are the girls heart throb" he scoffed "some still like you, but we all miss you" he said, Martins remembered how things was back then and smile.
"Thanks for the suit man" he said and they both walked out,
"Enjoy the party" George said and left him, he looked around and saw Chief, he was expecting to see Joy. He walked over to chief with his birthday gift in hand.
"Happy birthday Chief" He said and Chief turned
"How are you boy" he asked and Martins just gave him a nod, he greeted the people with chief, and ignored the girl that gave him a wink.
"Here is your present" he said and handed a small rectangular box to Chief,  Chief was surprise cause  he never expected anything from him. He took it and opened it, it's a fancy pen, the type one uses in office.
"I don't have much, but I hope you can sign more contract with this pen" he said with a smile, it warmth chief heart
"Thanks boy" he said and put the pen back into the box and tuck it inside his pocket "now go enjoy the party" he said and Obinna left with a bow.
"What a thoughtful lad" one of Chief friend say, and Chief agreed, the girl that winked Martins followed him.
"Hi handsome" she said as she reached Martins.
"Hi" he responded trying not to be rude.
"He will fancy the pen for long" she said with a smile, making Martins smile too, he looked and saw people dancing, more like waltzing around, he saw George with Chisom, he still haven't seen Joy and he is worried.
"Care to dance" the girl asked
"No am bad at it" he said and left her standing, not seeing joy is quickly putting him in bad mood, as he was walking closer to the dance floor to see if he could see her. He bumped into someone.
"Excuse me" he said, then the person turn and it is Joy, he smiled instantly and melted. Without talking Joy dragged him to the dance floor. She is wearing a red gown.
"How cliche" he said as they waltz around
"What do you mean"
"You know bumping to you, and sweeping you off your feet to the dancefloor. Its like in fairytale when the prince charming bumps into the princess" He said as they waltz around
"That's the cliche of all cliche" she said with a giggle
"But only one flaw, am no prince charming" he said with a scoff, Joy pause and stared at him
"You don't need a castle or kingdom to be my prince, you already rule my world, and for the charming part, you were born charming" she said making Martins chuckle, moments later Charles came along.
"Can I steal her for a moment" he said to Martins,
"Sure" he said like a civilized man, but hurts him to let her go when he just found her. He try not to be jealous since according to Joy,Charles is just child fantasy.
He walked to the sideline and watch as she waltz with Charles, he took a glass of wine from the boy serving.
"Don't they look perfect" He heard Chisom said beside him
"Don't you have anyone else to bother" he said and moved away to go take some food from there servers.
"Come on, don't get caught up in this worlds of giants, am trying to look out for you" she said, Martins ignore him and continued eating. Chisom kept trying to convince but got no reply or reaction from Martins, she got angry and left.
"Thought she will never leave" Joy said from behind, then walked right in front and sat where Chisom stood up from.
"She is like a pest" he said angrily.
"Not that I blame her, have you seen yourself, you're like a perfect guy from a romance novel" she said and Martins smiled
"You my dear look amazing, but that's everyday" he said, Joy gave her a weak smile, this isn't the reaction Martins was expecting "what's wrong" he asked holding Joys hand. She took a deep breath to gather her wit before dropping the bombshell.
"You were right, Charles and my father do have an agreement or arrangement sort off, to marry me" she said before looking at Martins to see his reaction, he just kept blinking. It made joy uneasy. "Am just hearing it and I still have my own choices to make, so don't worry" she tries to convince Martins.
He remember Chisom warning him not to get caught up in the world of giants "I have nothing to say" he said, he feel so powerless, cause he is just an option and joy can choose another.
"Don't let it bother you" she said with a smile, Martins smiled back but not convinced, cause he is really an ant in this world, that will go unnoticed when squashed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun