Skip to main content

The Bond Between Us

Chapter  22
When Martins woke up in the morning, he kept staring at Joy, she is really an angel, if not for his fear of being called nymphomaniac by Joy he would've taken her again. He remembers everything that happened last night and it will forever be in his heart. He watches as the sun ray hits Joy and she squirts, he wigs the sun with the curtains. In his heart, he knows he will soon face reality.
"Am I that beautiful" Joy said and opened her eyes, she is covering herself with the sheet. Martins smile
"You have a consuming beauty" he answered
"How is that," she asked and mimicked Martins position, which is holding her weight up with her elbow, they are now facing each other.
"Looking at you keeps consuming me, making want to see the end, but there is no end," he said, and joy smiled, she pecked him, as he was about to return the gesture they heard a horn, Joy gasped.
"That's my father's car, I can recognize the sound of his horn," she said already terrified.
"Alright, get dress, don't come out yet unless I call," Martins said and stood up, wore his cloth, gave joy one last reassuring look and left, he is grateful his mother is not here to witness what's about to happen. He took a deep breath to gather his wit before he opened the gate.
Chief is already standing with Charles who look red with rage, then some other guys that he doesn't recognize. They look like guards.
"Good morning Chief" he greeted, surprisingly he gave him a nod.
"Where is she," Chief asked, Martins could act oblivious if he wants but he chooses to be truthful.
"She is inside," he said, looking down.
"For your own good, I will pretend I didn't know why she is here and what you have with her," he said and came closer to Martins "then you also will forget her and whatever lie you're feeding her"
"Chief, with all due respect, am not lying to her," He said with a bit of anger for being accused.
"It's my fault for making you spend so much time with her thinking nothing will happen," Chief said
"I love her Chief, even if you arrest me and get me jailed that won't change," Martins said and Chief laughed
"Arrest you? boy am not such a gentleman" he said and deadly serious "cross my path again? And I will squash you easier than a bug" he said snapping his fingers. The guys that look like guard pushed Martins aside and went inside.
Not long after they came out dragging Joy with them, it pained Martins that he rushed to her rescue but stopped on his track when he received a punch from Charles.
"I never liked you, don't make it worse," Charles said and kneed him, making Martins stumble back. Joy is already crying and struggling to go help but she is not strong enough.
"Get her inside the car let's go" Chief ordered and they obeyed
"I rather die than have anything with you" Joy manages to say to Charles before they bundle her into the car, leaving Martins coughing and gasping for air.
When he got himself and went inside the house his phone rang, he rushed to it thinking its Joy, but it's his mom.
"Hi mom," he said once he picked
"How are you," she asked
"Fine and you" he answered and something about hearing his mother voice calmed him, she told him how good everybody is to her and when she is starting work. Its all good for Martins cause that means her mother is starting a life and he won't have to worry again, it made tears flowed, he dared not tell his mother what happened when she asked about Joy.
"Mom, have fun, live your life, if possible fall in love, I want all that for you, I want you to be happy," he said trying so hard not to show her, he's crying.
"I will live my life, I already have love once in life and that more than enough, thank you for everything," she said, thankful for having such a son.
"Goodbye mom, duty calls," he said
"Stay safe" she replied and hung up, Martins crunch down and cried, he felt so powerless today, but what hurts him most is being apart from Joy, it made breathing hard. He remembered the first day he saw her and how he avoided her, how she confessed and how he denied. He remembered every time they spent together, remembered how his decision led him here, he remembered everything and regretted nothing.

Author's Note: In order to get the full story and know whether Joy's parents accepted their love or opposed them. Is their love strong enough to conquer the obstacle they
face?

It is on sale, 300 chat me up on WhatsApp to get a copy thanks, donations are allowed for the kind-hearted ones. Thanks
+2348147717660

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun