Skip to main content

The Bond Between Us

Chapter 14
 "Hi Martins" she said with a shy smile
"Chisom?, what are you doing here, I mean how do you even know here" he asked looking surprise.
"Don't freak out, I sort of followed you, you know like a super spy" she giggled, she is still standing in front of the gate, Martins haven't invite her in.
"That's super wierd" he said with any amusement devoid from his face.
"Look, I still stand where I stand, I love you and am the right girl for you" she said seriously as she saw the seriousness on Martins face.
"I still stand where I stand, I don't have iota of feelings for you" he said, holding himself from smashing the door on her face.
"You know there is only a thin line between love and hate" she said insinuating, Martins feelings will turn from hate to love, it made Martins give a dry laugh.
"Hate?, I don't hate you, but if you keep pushing me I will" he said the last part with close teeth. Chisom took a deep breath, shook her head as she exhaled
"I know all this is because of Joy, well fair warning, she have a fiancee and her parents will never allow her marry a guy like you" she reminded Martins the bitter truth shaking his foundation. Seems fate that he thought to have bring them together is trying to keep them apart what sort of silly game is that.
"Thanks for your advice, we will figure things out" he said, not knowing he just coupled himself with joy by using the pronoun we.
"I will stay along the side and wait till you discover how far fetched your dream is, and when you realize it, I will still accept you cause am good and I love you" she said, trying to show her good self.
"You can wait till hell freezes over, you and I? Will never happen" with that he allow his emotions get the better of him so he shut the gate on her face. "Feel good to take out the trash" he said hoping she hears it.
He kept waiting for Joy's call with happy heart refusing to let what Chisom said bother him, but he still hope to ask Joy about the Fiancee issue cause its now the second time its been brought up.
Exactly by noon he got a message from Joy asking to come pick her up. He rushed to his room to check if its in order, he have been cleaning it since morning. His mother is visiting a relative, luckily not all their relations abandoned them after their father's downfall. He smiled as he saw his neat room, he haven't cleaned it up in ages but today is different.
He left to pick her up after spraying perfume again, it didn't take him long to arrive he took a tricycle, which he always take when coming to their house. He didn't reach the house for he saw joy standing some distance before the house, so he got down.
"Hi love" he said with a smile and ting of pink stained Joy's cheek as she smiled
"Hello Mister" she replied
"Why are you standing here" he asked
"I figured, to wait here than make you come to the house" she said, avoiding the fact she couldn't keep calm at home.
"Awww, hope you haven't been standing for long?"
"7 minutes and 34 seconds, I just kept looking at my watch and counting" she said showing her nervousness.
"Am nervous too" he said with a smile and stopped a tricycle, he is lucky no other passenger entered till they reached their destination, it felt like a private car for him.
When they arrived at the neighborhood, Joy looked around its neat and quiet, opposite of what she expected, Martins led her inside his house, fine bungalow she thought.
"Welcome to my humble abode" he said spreading his arms.
"Thanks" she replied looking around.
"Yes, I have always wanted to say that" Martins said happily.
"Well mister, am honored to be the first you said it to" she said with a slight bow,
"The honor is all mine love" he said and led her inside "so what can I get you" asked
"Howaboutyourself" she muttered quickly.
"What" Martins asked since he didn't get her
"Just water for now" she said and Martins went and got her water, but in his absence she took a look at the albums  on the wall. She saw baby Martins which she described as cute, then saw his parents.
"Baby Martins is so cute" she teased pointing at the Album, he gave her an embarrassing smile.
"Your mom is really beautiful" she said, now she knows where Martins got his good looks.
"Yea she is" Martins smiled,
"What of your father, I never heard you talk about him" she asked not realizing the density of the question
"Nahh, he's dead" Martins said freely, making Joy suck a breath
"Am so sorry" she said taking Martins hand, its been on her mind since she arrived, how to touch Martins with out looking awkward or desperate, now the situation naturally came. With her mere touch, Martins got sucked in, slowly they move closer to each other like they are magnet, Martins the North, Joy the south.
"I may not stop if I start" Martins Whispered
"I don't want you to" she whispered too, as their lips were about to touch, the door swinged opened making them jerk away.
"Mom?" Martins said as he saw his mom looking at them with hawk eyes, Joy felt so embarrassed and bad for giving the wrong first impression, she kept looking at her feet, Martins watched as her mother opened her mouth to say something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun