Skip to main content

The Bond Between Us

Chapter 15

"So who is the girl Martins" she asked
"The girl" he answered not really knowing what to answer,
"You mean the one that made you clean the whole house" she asked with amusement, she planned on staying longer at the relative house but curiosity got her
"Good afternoon" joy greeted
"Afternoon dear" she replied, and Joy visibly relaxed, for the way she responded. "Hope he is mannered enough to offer you kola" she asked
"Yes, he is such a mannered mister" she said then took a closer look at the woman before her, she now lack the beauty she have in the picture, her hard live is written on her face, making joy pity her.
"I thought you won't be back today" Martins said, and his mother giggled
"Would you like to see what Martins looked like in his younger age" she asked Joy ignoring her son's question. This is the best offer joy have had all day.
"That is certainly this  best kind of date" she said then winked at Martins who have horror written on his face.
"Just give me a minute" she said and went in to bring out the old Album.
"So you want to see my embarrassing moment" Martins asked
"Oh yes, so I can tease you whenever I want" she giggled, the mother came out with the album.
"Come sit beside me, Martins will be a gentleman and go prepare something" she said smiling, Martins can't refuse any of his mother's request so he went to the kitchen but not before giving Joy a playful glare.
"So my dear, here is Martins as a baby" she said pointing at the baby Martins, he look so tender, Joy couldn't help but gush.
"And here is when he graduated from primary school, and was awarded the best student" Joy could feel his mother's proudness,
"So he have always been intelligent" she asked
"Ofcourse yes, if not for the situation he would be in school by now" she said with a ting of sadness. Joy wanted to tell her, about the deal Martins have with her father, but decided its not her story to tell.
"Here is us, when we went to calabar, Martins enjoyed himself so much, he begged us to relocate there" she said and traced her fingers down her husband face. Its noticeable she still miss him after all this years.
She kept showing joy picture after picture, Joy love the feeling she is getting from her, she is happy not scared, truthfully this wasn't the date she planned, but it is a very nice date.
"Ladies, the food is served" Martins said getting their attention. And again Joy's heart did its regular somersault whenever she sees Martins.
"Let's go taste what that devil have cooked" the mom said and they all moved to the dinning.
Martins dished the food, his nervousness can be compared with Joy, while the former is afraid the food will not be up to taste and he have never cooked for any woman apart from his mother, the later is worried, she won't know how to act when she taste the food.
They allowed her took the first spoon, its just white rice with stew, but the taste almost moved her to tears, cause never have she tasted a food with such taste, everything is in right proportion.
"I guess that means its tasty" Martins said,  as he watch Joy taking spoons after spoons, she even forgot her manner.
"Its beyond tasty, its unique" she blurted out, Martins mother smiled.
"I taught him well" she said and they all started eating, with normal African manner, that is talking as they eat.
"Can I eat a food this sweet any time I come" Joy asked
"Probably" he answered
"Easy there tiger, cause I might get my bag and live here" she said smiling, the mom noticing her time here is up, she now excused herself.
"Thank you for your time Ma" Joy said with a little bow
"Its alright, I will be in my room, am a bit tired" she said, worry appeared upon Martins face
"Are you alright" he asked
"Yes, now give your visitor your attention" she said with smile and walked to her room, she misses her husband at the times like this.
"Finally we are alone" Martins said, like he have been waiting for it
"I want to comment on your food" she said, and Martins gasped
"Does it mean you faked your reaction just to please me in front of my mother"
"If that food was a man, I won't mind being his wife" she said and Martins chuckled
"Did I just sense naughtiness in your statement" he asked and Joy gasped
"Mister am a fine lady, I harbor no such thought" she said,
"What thought" he asked getting close, his breath fans Joys face making her face hot
"The thought of sweetness" she whispered
"You mean this sweetness" he said getting his face closer, joy eyelids became heavy that it closed up and she found herself leaning close to lock lips with Martins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun