Skip to main content

The Bond Between Us

Chapter 8

Its now 11 am and Martins is not yet in Joy house, joy is now restless panting around, if only she have Martins number.
"That dimwit think he can make me wait" she muttered with close teeth, she is alone in the house and nothing seem fun, she then decide to study alone, Martins would want that and she will tell him when he comes, perhaps he will reward her with a smile.
While she is reading, she heard the sound of the gate believing it will be Martins she arranged herself and bolted to the door, she couldn't control herself, but her hopes died down when she saw her friend Chisom.
"Hi girl" Chisom said happily, on normal days Joy will practically do flip flop but today she is expecting Martins.
"Hi girl" she replied with gloomy face.
"Is something wrong" Chisom asked, they have been friends for over 6 years now so she knows when she is sad.
"Nothing much, so what brings you to my house" she asked trying to mask her sadness, Chisom decided to drop it beside she have a better gist.
"Your ex is now dating Tonia" Chisom said like its the news of the century
"Yes I know" Joy said, she rather be talking with Martins than talking about her ex and tonia
"Are you not mad" Chisom asked, cause this wasn't what she is expecting.
"Nop, I learned to give up the toys I don't need to the less privileged" she replied and looked at the clock for the fourth time since Chisom arrived
"Wow, that's bold" Chisom replied, truthfully if it was yesterday, Joy would've cried in her arms, but Martins turned her sorrow to happiness.
"Why do you keep looking at the clock" she asked, she noticed it
"Nothing" Joy shrugged
"When you look at the time is whenever you are hungry and waiting for lunch in school" she reminded her their days in school
"Maybe am waiting for lunch now" she lied
"You are at home nobody is holding you from eating" Chisom said, determine to figure out what her best friend is waiting for. The door gently opened at that moment, and Joy took a deep breath as she saw Martins wearing his signature smile,
"Sorry am late" He said and the hair behind Chisom neck stood up, she turned so fast she nearly had a whiplash
Before him is standing a guy that looks like he just walked out of her favorite romance novels, now she knows why Joy was restless,
"Hi am Chisom" she said bringing Martins attention to her
"Am Martins" he said,
"Am Joy's friend for over 6 years now" she said, she just don't want the conversation to end, and she is enjoying the fact she have his full attention
"Please say you are my friend" Joy whispered, non of them heard her, but that's what she wants him to say, Martins looked her way and smiled
"Am her tutor" he said, unknowingly breaking her heart.
"Good, since am here can you teach the both of us, am also writing my jamb with her soon" Chisom said, Martins looked at Joy for approval
"Fine" she manage to say, but for the first time in her life she wants to kick Chisom out from her house.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun