Skip to main content

Diary Of Mr. Nice Guy

Chapter 2

"You guys are really cute together" Obinna my friend said, others nod in agreement, and my head grew to an impossible height. We're at the eatery beside the school, after eating we started discussing and they were all curious about Chidimma and me, though I haven't asked her out or anything we have gotten really close and my friends see us as a couple.
"We're not together, yet" I stated, Ejike nodded but not in agreement,
"I hear," he said,
"We're not together you said, soon you guys will play under the cover," Peter said and they all laugh.
"That's how we do it" Obinna added, I wish I can easily get girls as they do, I don't even want many girls I just want one, one to cherish me as I cherish her.
We kept discussing till I got a call from Chidimma, seeing her name put a smile on my face making the guys mock me, I don't care I just left their presence to go call her back. I always cut the call when she calls only to call her back, I feel that's the best way to win a girl.
"Hello,"  I said once she picked up, making my heart beat pick up too, am always nervous when it comes to girls.
"Hi Harry, please I need your help," she said and I heard the desperation in her voice
"What's wrong" I, asked, I heard her sniffed, she's been crying, it tore my heart.
"Can you come over" she managed to say, I don't need a second invitation.
"Sure, I will be there" ,I said and hung up, I didn't bother telling my friends goodbye or seeing them I just boarded a tricycle and left. I smile as the wonderful feeling of being someone she can rely on wash over me, maybe I can get to kiss her after comforting her, who knows, we might do more than that.
The excitement was overwhelming that I kept asking the driver to hurry up, if only am flash I would've run, a chill ran down my spine when I thought of cultist being the problem.
"No, Chidimma has no affiliation with such" I muttered, after like 10 minutes I got to her hostel, it's 3 storey building, she lives on the second floor. I paid the driver and walked up to her room.
She opened the door at the second knock, seeing her broken state broke me, I slowly walked in, I wanted to hug her to provide comfort but she just walked to the bed and sat down, I followed and sat beside her.
"What's wrong" I, asked, she kept silent, am already getting itchy, I really want to know what's wrong to know how to help, I hope it's not cultists.
"Am owing someone" she muttered, I still heard it, I've seen many cases like this to know how badly student act to their debtors.
"That's not enough for you to be sad," I said patting her on the back.
"She said she's coming tonight to collect or else I should be ready for embarrassment and I hate embarrassment," she said wiping the tears that escaped.
I wanted to suggest calling her parents or family, but I felt am the only option she has since she called me, and thinking back I've always helped her with money issues, not that am complaining it even makes me feel manly.
"How much," I asked, am already thinking of the kisses and the hugs I will get once this situation is handled.
"20,000," she said barely above a whisper. My girl is about to be disgraced because of weaselly 20,000, my girl, I love the sound of that, I can't wait. I have to man up and tell her how I feel, just after I handle this situation.
"I can give you the money," I said and her face lit up.
"Really," she said
"Yes" I answered and she hugged me, wow this is the first step, it's getting started, she broke the hug and stood up even before I got the chance to lay one on her. I stood up too.
"I will go get the money from the ATM, wait for me," I said.
"No let me follow you," she said and went inside the bathroom before I could suggest otherwise. I then waited for her to come out well dress "let's go" she said and we both left.
Luckily there was no queue at the ATM, I withdrew 30,000, I also needed money, I then gave her the 20,000.
"Thanks a lot," she said, I felt proud of myself, I wonder if this was how my dad felt when he got the new car for mom.
"So let's go pay the creditor," I said smiling.
"No, I will go alone, let me handle things on my own from here, just go home and wait for my call," she said, I see no reason in what she just said, but perhaps she has her own reasons.
"Alright," I said and we both part ways, I gave her extra 1000 so she won't touch the 20000. I don't want her to be stranded.
I went home and fixed myself up, I see no need to update the diary yet, I want to update good news when next I write on it. I keep looking at the time waiting for Chidimma, I watch as the day darkened and she didn't call, I got worried and decided to call her, my worry escalated when the phone failed to connect.
I thought of rushing over to her hostel but paused a bit as I decided to call Uju her lodge mate, she picked up after the second ringing.
"Hello Uju," I said, I got her number when Chidimma used it to call me once.
"Hello, who is this," she asked, its understandable.
"Its Harry, Chidmma's friend" I introduced. I hope its enough cause I don't have the strength for a long story.
"OK, so why calling," she asked sounding friendly.
"I called to ask about Chidimma, I've been calling her and her phone is switched off, is she back and can you go give her the phone," I said, I hope am not much of a bother.
"She's not back, she called earlier that she won't be coming back today," she said, I felt bitter.
"Hope nothing is wrong," I asked.
"No, I guess her phone is off because of low battery, don't worry if I get hold of her I will tell her you called," she said I then thanked her and hung up.
I felt bitter, I hope am not being played a fool, I dismissed the thought almost immediately, she is too innocent to play such game, I guess my kissing and hug will have to be postponed.
But before then I guess I should find a way to propose to her first, I then opened my phone browser to surf the internet, I hope Google gives me a perfect way, I smile as I remembered her pretty face.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun