Skip to main content

Sacrifice

Chapter 26

Luckily I got the admission, in the state university, am more civil with my parents, I learnt soap and cream making, it was good, am always selling it now and my customers always order for more, all in all business and school is good.
I once gathered the courage to go visit Peter's parents and they literally shove me off the door after calling me slut and whore, I didn't tell Peter.
He also told me that Paul called him and apologized but he said he have nothing against him that he should call me instead, and the swine don't have the gut to yet.
The hardest part of school is going an entire day without seeing Peter, my night feels hunted since I always sleep without his warmth, he calls me always, and damn do I love that.
I was about going to sleep when my phone rang, thinking its Peter I went to it only to see a foreign number, I instantly know who, I wanted to ignore but Peter asked me to make peace with everything and everybody.
"Hello" Paul's voice came through.
"Hi" I replied and we entered and awkward silent, its took a while before he continued.
"I heard what happened" he said, I nodded not really up to talking.
"Am so sorry, you don't know how sorry I am"
"Don't worry it made me stronger" I said actually Peter did.
"Thanks, I do hear the heat you're in because of mom and dad saying you bewitched Peter" he said.
"Its not their fault, I understand" I said,
"In my opinion you should let him go, he already did what normal human can't" he said.
"Am not the one holding him" I barked.
"We both know that's not the case, you see Peter is someone that like challenge, and because he's too good he hardly get any" he said I suppose he will know him better cause they're twins and all.
"And he accepted you and the baby because of the challenge, what happens when he no longer see you as challenge" he said making me realise earlier, when he took me as his biggest challenge.
"I know you understands what am saying, its for your own good cause you might end up depending on him too much, and when he sees you no longer interests him, he will cast you aside, and can you survive that" he said, I felt my eyes sting cause he is saying the truth.
"Think twice dear, I know you have no reason to trust be but am saying the right thing. When we were little, mom got us a puzzle box each, I always play mine when am extremely bored, but Peter played his own always, cause it was posing a challenge to him" he exhaled
"It took him days to complete, and once he did, he gave the puzzle out and completed mine too, though he didn't gave mine out like he gave out his, but he never played the thing again" I know where his going.
"I still play mine even though I have completed it, but I still play it and its still on my cloth box at home till now but Peter don't care for something that is not challenging for him, he never feel nostalgic or anything he is only logical and as such don't act like normal human" he said and we went silent.
"I have heard" I said after being sure he have nothing else to say.
"Am only trying to help, you should try depending on yourself for a while and am sorry for everything" he said and hung up, I took a deep breath, all he said is true, what happens when am no longer a change, he will surely discard me like he did the puzzle. I couldn't sleep much, my body was tired but my mind was awake I said expected Peter's call but it didn't came through and I couldn't move myself to call him, Paul is right, I need to sit up and learn how to survive without me cause its pretty obvious he can never love me or love at all. With that I made up my mind to work on myself.

Today being weekend, that when I market my product and look for new customers, I walked inside a barbing saloon, its filled, I know guys always listen to pretty girls so I want to use the opportunity.
They all turned to me immediately I walked in looking at me like am the last piece of meat, I smiled, its good for business.
"Hi guys, am here to sale a product to you" I said and they felt interested, mainly interested on me.
"Here" I said bringing out the product, "this is an organic soap and cream, it tones your skin and helps with skin infections" I go on and on with the regular advertising procedure.
"What do you say the name was" One of the guy said, he is paying attention more than orders.
"PETO" I answered that's actually a coinage of PEter and TOnia, yea his basically the owner since he brought the capital.
"So you're saying if I use the soap and cream, I will look just as fine aw you' he said with a gorgeous smile, I smiled back at his flattery, but I nodded anyway I need to sale.
"OK, give me some like 2 soap and 2 cream" he said and I quickly packaged his order for him, some of the guys bought too, I made really money I thanked them and now left, on getting to the door he called.
"Saleswoman" the gorgeous guy called and I turned back "never caught your name" he said.
"Tonia" I answered still smiling,
"OK Tonia, can I have your number in case I need more, cause am sure you will want me to continue using the product after this one is finished" he said, he's right, I do give my number out people call and order a special type even.
But with him am nervous, like a warning ringing at the back of my mind, I can't shake a way the feeling I hesitated.
"That way I won't look for you" he said. I pushed all nervousness away, I have given my number to dozens of guy what then will one guy change.
"Its written on the label" I answered he now looked and saw it
"Oh, wise" he said I then smiled
"Bye then" I said I pushed the door open.
"My name is Ejike by the way" he said I then waved him goodbye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun