Skip to main content

Daddy's Little Girl

Chapter 42
               The only thing running on Mr Uba's mind is how to propose to her, he already bought a ring, he already know the answer but he is still nervous, he is making up ways to ask her he is thinking of romantic way. He used a candlelight dinner the firs time, he don't want to repeat it again.
"How would you like to have a mother" he asked his daughter after having their lunch
"That would be nice" she said, not looking at her dad, but the TV
"Then would you like you mother to be Mirabel" he asked needing her daughters approval, cause being friendly with her is different from taking her as a mother
"Isn't that the point of the whole thing" she said this time looking at her father "you know, I always imagine chatting with mom and all that, she happens to fill that fantasy of mine" she said a little too mature for ten years old girl
He narrowed this vision at his daughter "remind me again, how old are you?" He asked which made Amara rolled her eyes
"10+" she said and returned her focus on the TV, she is watching fairytopia, that's her best.
                 With the doctors approval he made up his mind to throw away all romantic proposal and work straight to her and just say the world, he wants to do it today he can no longer wait, he want to spend the rest of his life with her and he need it to start now
"Come on little one, time to visit your aunt" he said, Amara frown cause she don't want to leave the movie
"Just till I finish the cartoon, its almost over" she protested, her father then decide to oblige her,
"Ok, just this one" he said and Amara smiled and focused on the tv. Mr Uba brought out the ring from his pocket
"Wait for me Mirabel, you will soon be mine" he muttered.
Chapter 42
Fate love playing games. Mirabel was at home with her father who just came back from the police station
"He is saying he had nothing to do with the accident" her father said, they are talking about Iyke. He seems to be innocent of the accident, so the only crime happens to be attempted rape
"So attempting rape is the only crime" she asked
"Yea, its quiet serious, police don't take rape easy" he said with a shrug
"But they will,  if I testify for him" she asked in a calculative way
"Why would you do that" he asked though he already know why, she is just good
"Everybody deserves a chance" she said and it also reflect on how she forgave her father, he smiled
"I don't know what I did to deserve a daughter like you" he said with a smile and glassy eye
"Probably because you are a war hero and save the innocent in your past life" she said to lift her father spirit, he laughed. They discussed on things happening in their life and about Mr Uba she is happy her father accepts him.
"Am going to surprise your mother with a candlelight dinner" he said, since he came back he have been showing love, like he want to make up for the years he abandoned  her "care to help me" he asked his daughter
"Wouldn't miss it for the world" she answered, yes her mother deserved every bit of the love.
"Let me go buy the stuff needed, she is not coming back till 7pm" he said and stood up to leave, his wife went to visit her family, so they want the surprise to be ready when she comes back
"Bye" she said and only got a nod from her father before exiting the door.
          She is now alone at home, again just like the day Iyke came, but she is not afraid cause he is locked up and she can't think of any more person that want to harm her, she had her mind on the program when she heard a knock. For a moment fear gripped her cause she is not expecting anyone, but she still gathered courage to go check
She visibly relaxed when she opened the door and saw "Amanda?" She asked,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun