Skip to main content

Sacrifice

Chapter 3
My relationship with Lydia's family got deeper, our family now considered family friend I spend my time there, luckily I started my jamb lesson, peter and Paul also goes to the same study center.
Paul is really a charmer but not enough to charm me, though he keeps trying, I learnt he persuaded his Peter to write a scholarship exam, if they get it that means they will travel overseas to study. As I got closer to them I learnt more about Peter, even Paul says its as if he's from another world, not really interest him, his like a whole mystery and the fact invite me the more.
"So your brother left already" I asked Paul as we walk home together,
"Yea, am sure he will be home by now" he answered, he leave before us every day, and when I get home he will still not be there, he leaves home immediately he reaches.
"His really mysterious" I said absentmindedly, I heard him scoff.
"You really a pretty girl don't waste your time on him" he said I looked at him and he winked, getting to know Peter I no longer doubt his sister's theory of asexual.
When we got home, I went up to my house, not really up to spending more time with Paul, I thought I could spend time Peter also by hanging out with Paul, my plan didn't work.
"You spend too much time with that boy" my mom said as I entered the house, I sighed, I guess she saw us through the window.
"He's my friend, besides he also go to the same study center" I said dropping my bag
"I hope its nothing more than that" she said entering inside her room, I don't blame her after my sisters accident she have been watchful of who I hang out with, I went to my room also.
My mom warning served as a wake up call, its time to stop this stupid infatuations I have Peter, even though his dropdead gorgeous, I fawned as I remembered his cute face. Even with his mean face and strick behavior he still can't hide his pretty face.
"Get a hold of yourself" I said and then brought my book to study.
I made sure to start avoiding Paul, though he's being persistent I manage, I made it point of duty to leave very early, so before Paul can finish his usual chatter with friends am gone
"Peter" the word left my mouth as I saw Peter walking ahead, my resolve to avoid boys failed me again as my legs pushed me forward to catch up with him.
"Peter" I called as I got near him
"Hi" he said, he never called my name, I've never seen him call anybody's name except Paul and Lydia. Even in class he doesn't associate, if not for the fact that I steal glances at him and make it my business to know him I won't notice him in class.
"You always leave early" I said as a matter of fact he just shrugged. I have this surge within me to please him, thank God his walking slowly so I don't have to chase after him.
"Paul told me about the scholarship Exam you sat" I said
"Did he" was his only reply, normal boys will drag the discussion, but him he just don't care, not that he wants its to end quickly, he just don't care.
"Yes, and knowing how intelligent you guys are, I know it will work" I said not waiting for his reply I continued, "I heard about the party your family are having this weekend" I said
"Yes, its Lyd birthday" he said, I already know, Lyd invited me herself, we kept walking in silent, I so want to talk, I want to please him at least make him smile, I learnt from Lyd that he never truly smile, even his normal smile that he fakes it.
"Are you Alexithymia" I asked as we got closer to our house. He stopped, then the unexpected happen he laughed, full blown out laugh. I was surprised, no shocked, his laugher is like wave of euphoria to my ears, I wish it never stops
"What" he said as his smile died down
"I mean incapable"
"I know what you mean, no am not Alexithymia" he said as we continued walking
"You know Lydia thinks you're asexual, and that you never truly smile" I said. He sighed
"I know, but know this Lyd always exaggerate things, I do smile and show emotions, just that nothing appears as a challenge to me, everything seems easy making me bored, I feel am in a wrong timeline" he said, what he said didn't matter to me, what matters is this is the longest  he have ever spoke
"You know this is your longest statement" I said, he scoffed
"Is it" he said as we get to our house.
"Goodbye" I said and he gave me a nod, I watched him walk ahead
"Peter" I called and he stopped, I walked to him "be my friend and I will make everyday a challenge for you" I said and he smile.
"That's a big word" he said and I smile
"Try me" I said, he smiled and shook his head
"Oblige me" he said and walked away, I stood there, in utter state of euphoria, I promised to avoid guys in other not to make the same mistake my sister made. But here I am webbing myself with a guy that is not pleased by anything, I hope am not webbing my own doom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun