Skip to main content

CHANGING THE PLAYER

Chapter 5
     After the bed activities, I was in a hurry to leave, so I made sure Ifeoluwa left two, am glad it have ended, Ifeoluwa enjoyed it, but I didn't, how is it possible, I was thinking of a certain miss Vivian, so I rushed to her doorsteps as I locked my apartment. 
I took a deep breath before knocking on her door, she answered after the second knock. 
"You came" she said surprisingly, and it confused me, maybe she was just joking earlier, did I made a fool out of myself. 
"Yes of course, I told you I will" I said calmly masking my nervousness. 
"You know, when I came to call you, I saw a young lady walked inside your room before you closed the door, so thinking she is here to stay, I never bothered calling you again, and I never knew you would come out" she said will facing down, showing her sadness, it tucked on my heart to be the one that made her sad. 
I lift her face up with my hand, a spark went through me, I couldn't resist the urge to caresses her cheek with my thumb, she stared into my eyes with that same innocent gentleness that's blows me away
"Once I make a promise, I fulfills it love" I said smiling she returned it too, I hardly keep my word but I won't break any for her. 
"Come on in then" she said and I walked behind her after shutting the door. I have been here countless time, but today am nervous. 
"Sit down" she said motioning to the dinning table, I obediently went and sat down, the she left my view, she came back moment later with the food. 
"I hope its to your taste" she said with a kind smile. I opened the food, it scent filled my nose, it Egusi, I never imagined she will prepare such food, its one of African must recognized soup, the sight alone made my mouth watery. 
"You went to such level" I said already washing my hands "if I don't know better I would say, you trying to woo me" I teased her. 
"I can woo you with other methods" she said not denying the fact of wooing me, I don't know if it means something or not
"Let's eat" I said deciding to drop the talk, she made semovita to eat the soup with, I took the first first and it was fireworks, I closed my eyes to savour the taste, when I opened my eyes she had her eyes on me. 
"How is it" she said, I noticed she have not yet taste it
"Its the best I have ever tasted" I answered truthfully, she smiled and tasted it too, then gave me an approving nod
"Its tasty, but I know you are bluffing, cause to every man, their mothers food is the best" she said, yea that's true but am being truthfully when I said its the best I ever ate
"I can't remember the taste of my mother's food" I said still eating, I hope I don't have indigestion with how fast am eating. 
"You must be going home time to time, so how come you have forgotten it" she asked, slowing eating, unlike me
"My parents died, when I was 7,so I forgotten a lot, which include food, I was brought up by my aunt, she hardly cook, she rather spend her time fighting her husband" I said remembering how they fight and abuse each other, they are dead already, they trained me but we never had a close relationship. 
"Am so sorry" she said feeling sad for me

"Don't worry, its past" I said, then finished the rest of the food silently. 
 in

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun