Skip to main content

My Monster

Chapter 25

This is my second time being here, but am still left in utter awe by its splendor, they're truly rich, everybody is with a mask, luckily that way I can avoid Eric since he won't recognise me, with that I went inside. This party is truly a puzzle, you won't know your friend unless he or she tells you the mask they wear. I looked around and saw Eric, his wearing a tux, I could easily recognise him because of his mask. People keep trooping in to greet them, am glad his grandfather is fine now. I stood there just looking at him, he was looking around like he's searching for someone, my heart whispers it's me but my brain denied.
"Sorry" I heard from the guy that bumped into me
"Richie?" I said he's wearing a mask and a suit, I recognized him with his voice
"Barbara?" he called and I nodded
"Why are you in a haste?" I asked
"Amina broke up with me this morning and the only way to continue our relationship is if we find each other tonight," he said, still looking around
"She's with a mask, how possible will it be to find her," I asked,
"She said you were able to recognise Eric so we will be able to recognise each other," he said, I smiled always trust Amina to do interesting things
"Are you confident you will find her?" I asked, he then looked at me and smiled.
"If I wasn't, then I won't be looking around," he said with a confident smile, I smiled and he left, I looked and saw Eric exchanging pleasantries with the guest, after a while he whispered something to his grandfather and left, I walked to the side and took a juice from the ushers.
"When I said hot, I never meant long black gown"  I heard Eric said behind me, I froze and turn. "Well its better so no man gets to look at you like a savage," he said smiling.
"You recognised me?" I asked, he smiled and got closer.
"I know you so much that I can even recognize your footprint," he said smiling and my earlier resolve not to care crumbled
"I...." I tried to form a word but couldn't
"You're sad, I didn't reply your text, angry I didn't reciprocate when you professed," he said coming closer, he stopped only a foot away.
"All this I did had a reason, I wanted to say everything at the right time, that's why I said it's too early in the day to think of dinner." he said, I know this is heading to a good place, but the constriction am feeling between my legs is making it impossible for me to concentrate, my bladder is full, I was about going to the restroom when he came.
"Can you hold that talk," I said unable to bear it any longer,
"What?" he asked, then saw how I twitched my lips and hopping from one leg to another "oh Barbie, you're excused," he said with a chuckle and I rushed to the restroom, I knew where its located I used it the last time I was here.
I had to pull up my gown so fast for its nearly coming out, nothing can dent nature, I sigh as I release everything from my bladder. The restroom is for visitors, it has five toilets each in its own cubicle, I get it, they host parties a lot. I was about to flush down when I heard someone enter, I always hate it meeting someone in the restroom I decided to keep calm and wait till she leaves.
"What's holding you" I heard her talk, is she with someone.
"Nothing on earth will stop my son from inheriting the company," she said, my eyes widened instinctively I knew she is part of the murder, I wish I can see her face.
"Good, you already monitored everyone," I think she is on call, I wish I can hear what the other person is saying.
"Yes use the girl," she said, I gasped, she stopped talking, I think she heard me, I heard her footsteps coming closer, I was petrified, after a few seconds the door swing open, lo and behold, it's Eric's grandmother.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun