Skip to main content

The Bond Between Us

Chapter 9

Chisom made sure to have more of Martins attention, she keeps getting him to help her, Joy is beyond frustrated, this is not what she planned, she kept looking at the two as they giggle.
"Wow, you are really intelligent" Chisom said to Martins, "if I had known, I would've been coming here always" she said, her being here and always flirting around Martins is like horror to Joy.
"No, am paying him for my lessons, don't munch from me" Joy said, hiding her anger.
"You are right" Chisom said "come teach me too" she asked.
"Sure" Martins said even before Joy could respond, making her feel betrayed. "Here is my number" he gave it to Chisom, Joy was hoping to take it after today's lecture and he willingly gave it to Chisom
"Once you talk to your parents, call me and let me know" he said to Chisom, she was so happy that she have to leave now and tell her parents
"Bye joy"she said and left.
"What a vibrant friend you have" Martins said to Joy
"Why not follow her home then" she said and walked away from Martins, he was surprise at Joy outburst.
"Are you angry I came late" he said following Joy, "I had to take care of my mother" he said, if Joy was angry for for the lateness, this would have pacify her, but her anger is with him flirting with Chisom.
"Just go, am in a bad mood today" she said and gave him his daily pay,Martins took it, he gave Joy one last look and left. It surprised Joy making her more angry.
"He left, ofcourse he will after seeing the beautiful Chisom" she said and ran to her room, she cried herself to sleep.
Martins arrived at the hospital with heavy heart, he came late cause his mother passed out this morning, he had to rush her to the hospital. He deposited everything he have, normally he wouldn't have went for tutoring today, but he needed the money.
"How is she" he asked the nurses,
"Stable, it was her sugar level, it got high, so with the right amount of insulin she will be better" she said, Martins watched her mother sleep peacefully, she have diabetes, but it was not an issue when they were rich, now it is.
Because of that he needs money that's why he is willing to take another tutoring job, he is patiently waiting for Chisom call. He fell asleep not longer after it was a hectic day for him, he jerked up when his phone rang.
"Hello" he said once he picked up
"Did I hear a sleeping voice" the caller said, "its Chisom" she said
"Hi Chisom" he said and yawn
"Goodnews, you can tutor me" she said and it made Martins happy. "3k each day" she added, its expensive but Martins is in luck for the rich have the money and he needs it.
"So when can I start" he asked
"Tomorrow if you want" she answered
"OK, I will be there, around 1 pm" he said, he plan to teach Joy first then Chisom
"Can't you make it morning, since I will always go help my mom by afternoon" she lied, she just want to be alone with Martins, cause her younger brother always come home by afternoon.
Its not what Martins want and he needs the money, also joy is free no matter when he comes
"Deal" he said and hung up, he then received a message alert of Chisom address, he also saved the number and remembered how he have always wanted to take joy's number but couldn't.
He feels uneasy about today, the way he left things with her, he hope to make up for it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun