Skip to main content

The Bond Between Us

Chapter 9

Chisom made sure to have more of Martins attention, she keeps getting him to help her, Joy is beyond frustrated, this is not what she planned, she kept looking at the two as they giggle.
"Wow, you are really intelligent" Chisom said to Martins, "if I had known, I would've been coming here always" she said, her being here and always flirting around Martins is like horror to Joy.
"No, am paying him for my lessons, don't munch from me" Joy said, hiding her anger.
"You are right" Chisom said "come teach me too" she asked.
"Sure" Martins said even before Joy could respond, making her feel betrayed. "Here is my number" he gave it to Chisom, Joy was hoping to take it after today's lecture and he willingly gave it to Chisom
"Once you talk to your parents, call me and let me know" he said to Chisom, she was so happy that she have to leave now and tell her parents
"Bye joy"she said and left.
"What a vibrant friend you have" Martins said to Joy
"Why not follow her home then" she said and walked away from Martins, he was surprise at Joy outburst.
"Are you angry I came late" he said following Joy, "I had to take care of my mother" he said, if Joy was angry for for the lateness, this would have pacify her, but her anger is with him flirting with Chisom.
"Just go, am in a bad mood today" she said and gave him his daily pay,Martins took it, he gave Joy one last look and left. It surprised Joy making her more angry.
"He left, ofcourse he will after seeing the beautiful Chisom" she said and ran to her room, she cried herself to sleep.
Martins arrived at the hospital with heavy heart, he came late cause his mother passed out this morning, he had to rush her to the hospital. He deposited everything he have, normally he wouldn't have went for tutoring today, but he needed the money.
"How is she" he asked the nurses,
"Stable, it was her sugar level, it got high, so with the right amount of insulin she will be better" she said, Martins watched her mother sleep peacefully, she have diabetes, but it was not an issue when they were rich, now it is.
Because of that he needs money that's why he is willing to take another tutoring job, he is patiently waiting for Chisom call. He fell asleep not longer after it was a hectic day for him, he jerked up when his phone rang.
"Hello" he said once he picked up
"Did I hear a sleeping voice" the caller said, "its Chisom" she said
"Hi Chisom" he said and yawn
"Goodnews, you can tutor me" she said and it made Martins happy. "3k each day" she added, its expensive but Martins is in luck for the rich have the money and he needs it.
"So when can I start" he asked
"Tomorrow if you want" she answered
"OK, I will be there, around 1 pm" he said, he plan to teach Joy first then Chisom
"Can't you make it morning, since I will always go help my mom by afternoon" she lied, she just want to be alone with Martins, cause her younger brother always come home by afternoon.
Its not what Martins want and he needs the money, also joy is free no matter when he comes
"Deal" he said and hung up, he then received a message alert of Chisom address, he also saved the number and remembered how he have always wanted to take joy's number but couldn't.
He feels uneasy about today, the way he left things with her, he hope to make up for it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of Mr. Nice Guy

Chapter 9 It has not been up to an hour I walked into the club but am now inside a car with a girl having sex, the funniest aspect is I don't even know her name. I got her attention while at the bar, did everything Henry taught me and she gave me a positive response. I walked up to her not even minding her friends, the alcohol played the part. On getting close she stood up and headed towards the door, I followed and we both came outside, she was leaning beside a car, her car I presume since am having sex with her inside it. On approaching her I first commented on her legs, I learned from Henry to first give a compliment "Nice legs," I said, truly it is, her thick leg looked so succulent and her hot gown made no effort to cover it up. "Thanks," she said, in a seductive way, my eyes traveled her body, I wanted to also complement her breast but that will make me look like a pervert. I smiled already feeling empty with nothing to say. "So I caught you look...

My Monster

Chapter 22 "So now you out in the open are you prepared to shoulder everything?" Mr. Stephenson asked him. "Am ready for all that" he answered looking at me, Mr. Stephenson walked towards me and held my hand "I don't know what you did to him, but whatever it is, am eternally grateful," he said, I felt so high, Mr. Stephenson, among the top ten richest in the country, is grateful towards me "Am honoured sir," I said and he smiled. "Papa, from the monthly company file you sent me, I found out there is a loop in the company's account, someone is stealing from the company and he or she knows how to hide his/her track." He said I looked at him, right now he doesn't look like the same teenage boy I walked the stairs with, he is now the heir of a mobile network company. "Oh, what to do?" papa asked, but not phased. "Give out the call to have every member surveyed," he replied, I feel so inferior, he is i...

My Monster

Chapter 15      "It's getting late, time to leave before they noticed I snuck out," he said bringing me out of my trance, I swallowed before speaking for my throat is dry. "Yea, my mom will soon call," I said and stood up, I went and wore my sandals slowly, he dressed up before I finished buckling my sandals "Let's be going," he said and I followed. "Why did you snuck out?" I asked and he shrugged. "I had a date," he said and I gasped "not that type of date Barbie," he said, should I really be bothered, I stopped as I watched him walk ahead. I thought Bella was stupid for falling for a beast, even though the beast was prince charming, I hated Fiona for falling for Shrek, even turning to an Ogre just to be with Shrek. But right now am starting to see the reason for their action, Love is beyond human reasoning it's really blind. For here I stand falling for the boy in the mask, even when he is considered a mon...