Skip to main content

Daddy's Little Girl

Chapter 24
               They are currently having their third date, it have all been smooth sailing but today is different Mirabel is sad.
"Am not a psychic, but I can sense you are sad" Mr Uba said, he really want to know what bothers her.
"Its my father" she answered sadly, she never meant him to disturb her date, but he came by and it made her mother sad, she send her father back before her mom could uttr a word
"What about him" he asked, its true she never talk about her father so he never bothered to ask
"He left when we needed him the most, I was still a teen, when he left. My mom caught him cheating, instead of apologizing he followed the girl and left us" she is now crying as she remembers the past "I had to hawk fruits and pure water, while my mom started a petty trade" she sniffed and wipe her tears
"We suffered for me to go through school, didn't pay my school fees in some semester so I had to waste more time in school. When I graduated, I still have to toil for job, with no connection and not willing to sleep with anyone for a job, its was a bit difficult, so I luckily got this teaching job finally" she said as she cry, Mr Uba made no move to console her, she need to cry, to help the pain so he let her cry.
"So after all this suffering he came back, when I was suffering I thought of him many times, how I would have easily secure a job with his mere phone call, I thought of going to him but I quickly dismiss that thought" she wipes her tears and look at Mr Uba who have pity and admiration in his eyes, pity for what she suffers, admiration for where she is now and looking like she never been through hell and back.
            He let her cry only holding her and also thinking about the best way to take care of the situation. How we handle such situation is what makes men greater than some, and to Mirabel he wants to be the greatest man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of Mr. Nice Guy

Chapter 9 It has not been up to an hour I walked into the club but am now inside a car with a girl having sex, the funniest aspect is I don't even know her name. I got her attention while at the bar, did everything Henry taught me and she gave me a positive response. I walked up to her not even minding her friends, the alcohol played the part. On getting close she stood up and headed towards the door, I followed and we both came outside, she was leaning beside a car, her car I presume since am having sex with her inside it. On approaching her I first commented on her legs, I learned from Henry to first give a compliment "Nice legs," I said, truly it is, her thick leg looked so succulent and her hot gown made no effort to cover it up. "Thanks," she said, in a seductive way, my eyes traveled her body, I wanted to also complement her breast but that will make me look like a pervert. I smiled already feeling empty with nothing to say. "So I caught you look...

My Monster

Chapter 22 "So now you out in the open are you prepared to shoulder everything?" Mr. Stephenson asked him. "Am ready for all that" he answered looking at me, Mr. Stephenson walked towards me and held my hand "I don't know what you did to him, but whatever it is, am eternally grateful," he said, I felt so high, Mr. Stephenson, among the top ten richest in the country, is grateful towards me "Am honoured sir," I said and he smiled. "Papa, from the monthly company file you sent me, I found out there is a loop in the company's account, someone is stealing from the company and he or she knows how to hide his/her track." He said I looked at him, right now he doesn't look like the same teenage boy I walked the stairs with, he is now the heir of a mobile network company. "Oh, what to do?" papa asked, but not phased. "Give out the call to have every member surveyed," he replied, I feel so inferior, he is i...

My Monster

Chapter 15      "It's getting late, time to leave before they noticed I snuck out," he said bringing me out of my trance, I swallowed before speaking for my throat is dry. "Yea, my mom will soon call," I said and stood up, I went and wore my sandals slowly, he dressed up before I finished buckling my sandals "Let's be going," he said and I followed. "Why did you snuck out?" I asked and he shrugged. "I had a date," he said and I gasped "not that type of date Barbie," he said, should I really be bothered, I stopped as I watched him walk ahead. I thought Bella was stupid for falling for a beast, even though the beast was prince charming, I hated Fiona for falling for Shrek, even turning to an Ogre just to be with Shrek. But right now am starting to see the reason for their action, Love is beyond human reasoning it's really blind. For here I stand falling for the boy in the mask, even when he is considered a mon...