Skip to main content

Daddy's Little Girl


Chapter 17
              "Her name is Amara,  I meant her during my first year in school" he said deciding to start from the beginning and not skip any details, Miss Mirabel listened
"It took me a lot to woo and get her to like me, just like many young guys I first wanted to have fun" he said and smile remembering his younger age, "but things changed and I fell in love, we were known as the couple during our days in school" he knew the feeling he had for her, its the same feeling he is having now "after our education, my dad helped me to start up my career, he is really connected, so I decided to marry her a year after our graduation" he took a deep breath
"You know, when you find the girl you want to spend the rest of your life with, you would want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible" he said and Mirabel smiled at him quoting "when harry met sally".
"I was only 26 then, people said we were too young, she was 25, but we didn't mind" he said as he took his remaining drink and started playing with the glass
"When  she got pregnant, everything was in place, I was happy, she now have this irresistible glow, I started making plans, I worked harder for the both, I made her quit her bank job, I don't need her stress" he chuckled, but not really amused. From his look Mirabel can see his agony and she hates that so she held his hand to show him she is here
"There was no complications, everything was moving fine, even till the delivery. I was in the waiting room when the doctor came out 'Mr Uba, your wife gave birth to a girl' those were his exact words, I jumped for joy, I asked about my wife, he didn't reply, he just shook his head, instantly I knew the answer before he even said it" he said as tears escaped his eyes, he have nothing more to say, Mirabel too don't want to hear more
"Am sorry" she said what people normally say, but she means it
"No need, it happened 10 years ago" he said with a weak smile that doesn't reach the eyes. But something changed as they locked gaze.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of Mr. Nice Guy

Chapter 9 It has not been up to an hour I walked into the club but am now inside a car with a girl having sex, the funniest aspect is I don't even know her name. I got her attention while at the bar, did everything Henry taught me and she gave me a positive response. I walked up to her not even minding her friends, the alcohol played the part. On getting close she stood up and headed towards the door, I followed and we both came outside, she was leaning beside a car, her car I presume since am having sex with her inside it. On approaching her I first commented on her legs, I learned from Henry to first give a compliment "Nice legs," I said, truly it is, her thick leg looked so succulent and her hot gown made no effort to cover it up. "Thanks," she said, in a seductive way, my eyes traveled her body, I wanted to also complement her breast but that will make me look like a pervert. I smiled already feeling empty with nothing to say. "So I caught you look...

My Monster

Chapter 22 "So now you out in the open are you prepared to shoulder everything?" Mr. Stephenson asked him. "Am ready for all that" he answered looking at me, Mr. Stephenson walked towards me and held my hand "I don't know what you did to him, but whatever it is, am eternally grateful," he said, I felt so high, Mr. Stephenson, among the top ten richest in the country, is grateful towards me "Am honoured sir," I said and he smiled. "Papa, from the monthly company file you sent me, I found out there is a loop in the company's account, someone is stealing from the company and he or she knows how to hide his/her track." He said I looked at him, right now he doesn't look like the same teenage boy I walked the stairs with, he is now the heir of a mobile network company. "Oh, what to do?" papa asked, but not phased. "Give out the call to have every member surveyed," he replied, I feel so inferior, he is i...

My Monster

Chapter 15      "It's getting late, time to leave before they noticed I snuck out," he said bringing me out of my trance, I swallowed before speaking for my throat is dry. "Yea, my mom will soon call," I said and stood up, I went and wore my sandals slowly, he dressed up before I finished buckling my sandals "Let's be going," he said and I followed. "Why did you snuck out?" I asked and he shrugged. "I had a date," he said and I gasped "not that type of date Barbie," he said, should I really be bothered, I stopped as I watched him walk ahead. I thought Bella was stupid for falling for a beast, even though the beast was prince charming, I hated Fiona for falling for Shrek, even turning to an Ogre just to be with Shrek. But right now am starting to see the reason for their action, Love is beyond human reasoning it's really blind. For here I stand falling for the boy in the mask, even when he is considered a mon...