Skip to main content

Sacrifice


Chapter 10
"Peter?" Lydia asked with disbelieve. His parents are also surprised, I guess am not the only one that sees him as a saint, I know he will deny the fact and the real truth will come out, but if its just for a second I want them to see him for who he is.
"Are you sure" my dad asked, I kept quiet, maybe I said the wrong thing.
"Is it true" his mother asked looking his way, the unexpected happened, he laughed, full blown out laugh, that's something I've never seen before, had the situation been different I would've revelled on it
"Its true" He said, I heard the gasp from everyone, but I don't think anybody is as shocked as I am.
"What" his father barked I cowered
"Its one night gone wrong" he said calmly, I looked at Paul, I couldn't read his expression, should I confess?, it will look like a child's play if I do. I watched Peters father came close to him and gave him a resonating slap. I clapsed my mouth with my hand.
"We convince you everyday to do something worthy with your life, even being born with natural talent you always let them go waste, your brother always work hard to achieve something but he never relent" his dad said with anger "just yesterday he showed us his scholarship approval, while he study you just waste your time impregnating girls" he said, now the last part is highly exaggerated.
"Calm down dad" Lydia said with tears, am so sorry for all this.
What shocks me most is the calmness in Peter's eyes, I tried to speak up.
"I..."
"I take full responsibility for this, and will accept any punishment" Peter said, looking at me with a cold gaze that made me swallow whatever I had in mind.
"I guess you're a big boy" his Father's anger is visible and it makes it hard to breath, I look at Paul the real culprit, he looks like his on edge.
"Then how about you go start your family elsewhere, I won't have you grow your family under my roof" he said and walked inside with a long stripes of steps, his wife followed not looking at Peter.
"See what you've done to yourself" my dad said and left too.
"I won't have you in the same roof with me, my only mercy is you should come back your bags and move in with your new family" mom said and left. How can things turn out to be like this, I just knelt there weeping.
I felt a warm arm rest on me, I looked to see Lydia.
"Turns out am going to be an aunt sooner than I expected" she said and it made me giggle, am glad someone sees the bright side in this. I looked to Paul's direction and his gone, so is Peter.
"Come let's go get your stuff" she said, I have no energy to stand from here, I still feel my energy being sucked away.
"I can't" I barely said, she sighed,
"OK, try sit down I will go get it for you" she said and helped me up, I never believe my parents would easily cast me out, well judging from my sister's incident I can't say am entirely surprised.
What felt like forever, Lydia came back with my box of cloth, she didn't pack everything judging from the fact its only one box, I hope she packer the essential.
"What are you doing" my head snapped to the direction of the voice, its a very angry woman, Peters mother.
"I just went to bring her stuff" Lydia said already trembling
"This slut" she said pointing at me "must have seduced Peter like other girls did, or perhaps she got herself pregnant and said Peter is responsible" she is angry, I feel so guilty for what she said is half the true. I can't get to stop myself from crying. "Throw her out" she barked.
"Isn't that too much" I heard Peters voice and relieve washed over me
"What did you say" the mom said turning to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

MY BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND

Chapter 9    "Hello boyfriend" I said, and he turned to me with a smiling face "Hello babe" he said.       With that we engaged into a conversation, I told him how handsome he look in a corporate and he smiled "Now I think I might even go to sleep like this" he said and I laughed, he sure know how to brighten my day. I forgot about work, until my phone rang. Its my boss, I guess he need me "Hello" I said once I picked the call "If you are done come back you are needed" "Alright" I said and he hung up "Work?" He asked "Yes" I said sadly "Don't worry babe, we still have Friday" he said and I frowned, how will I tell him I will be super busy, "what's wrong" he asked "Nothing, it's just too far" I said, I don't want to crush his dreams "Don't worry babe, it will come faster than you know it" he said, and bid me farewell. He is really my sun