Skip to main content

Sacrifice

Chapter 7
I got Paul's message, am not standing at their door knocking, I hope nobody's home. I watched the door slowly opened
"Tonia" Peter said in his ever bored tone, my legs got stock
"Is...Paul.... In" I stuttered, even now, even in this situation he still have his effects.
"Paul" he called and walked pass me, I guess he's going out, his fingers slightly brushed against my skin sending jolt of tings up my body.
"Looks like someone misses me" Paul came out wearing his signature smile, I woke up from my delirium and walked up to him.
I turned and watched Peters back as he move further away, the door slowly closed and I heaved a breath, I turned to Paul. Even now I regret what I did with him, not because of the pregnancy, but because I feel nothing for him.
"Am pregnant" I dropped it on him like a bombshell, he also deserved to get his heart race up like I did.
"What!" He screamed and I fear it reached the whole neighborhood.
"Am pregnant" I replied in a monotone.
"It can't be, we we only did it once" he said feeling frustrated
"Once is enough" I said, my face devoid of any emotions
"What makes you so sure" he said.
"Missed my period and also took a PT strip test this morning"
"Not convinced" he said, he rushed inside and came out with his cloth
"Blood test is needed too" he said dragging me out by the hand, he locked the doors and we went straight to the hospital, while on the bus he kept fidgeting, I just kept calm and watch the scenario.
After a while we got to the hospital, and got a card, he was so convinced its a lie.
"You think you will pin me down with this" he said as I came out from the test section, am pressing my elbow to stop the bleeding.
"What do you mean" I asked
"You want to hold me down with this pregnancy fallancy. You figured since I stopped calling you want me back" he said sounding sure, it made me laugh, literally.
"You think so" I wonder what gave him that idea.
"Yes, cause for a pregnant teen you sure look calm" he said.
"Behind this calmness is a raging storm" I said, and truthfully there is, I sat down, taking it as a cue to shut up, he did as we patiently wait for the result.
What felt like 30 minutes I got my result, I turned the nurse out immediately I heard her say
"You're pregnant"
Truthfully I was hoping for the test result to be different, I slowly stood up and came outside, I took my result with me.
"What did it say" Paul asked as I came out, I kept silent and kept walking, am not thinking straight, he took the result from me and opened.
I heard him gasped, that's the only thing I heard for I left him and went home, how do I explain this to my mother. I slept the whole day, am in utter state of confusion, I ignored all his call, I feared he might come to my house but he didn't.
"Come over to my house" this was the text I received from him when I woke up in the morning, after my parents left, I went to their house, am already four weeks gone, am not feeling self conscious, I vomited again this morning, I heard in the fourth month my tummy will start puchong out.
"Terminate it" Paul said once I get to his house, I was surprised, I anticipated it, when a teenager gets pregnant, she's expected to abort it, especially when the one responsible is also a teen.
"Not happening" I said, I vowed not to make the same mistake my sister made, now am in the same predicament like her, the best thing to do is not follow her footstep.
"You're not serious" Paul said in a cold voice that send shiver up my spine, but not enough to make me change my mind.
"Am not joking" I said trying to equal his coldness too. He glared at me, so did I, noticing nothing good is going to come from me being here I stood up and left.
Just a meter to my house I saw Peter, I froze and instinctly folded my arms in other to cover my tummy, he looked at me from head to toe, never have it happened before, he slowly walked up to me and stopped a feet away.
"You're pregnant" he said, not a question, he said with all certainty.
"What" I blared at him. My heart have picked a faster usual beat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

The Sacrifice

Good news The Sacrifice is now available on Okadabooks for all my fans that still wants to read it https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sacrifice/28589