Skip to main content

Accidental Brother

Chapter 39
The exam was hectic, Martha and the devil kept hanging out together, while I hang out with Oliver things are definitely good. The students were happy when the exam ended on Friday.
"We will see again at the end of the year party," Oliver said to me. Our school always organize it and its when our results are given to us
"Sure," I said and we both bade goodbyes, I will miss him. Martha already went home, the weather seems like it will rain, so she rushed home, she said her cloth is outside. I think it won't rain, come on its December.
"Let's go home," the devil said, he is now good but am so used to calling him devil, and the way he treats people its easy to take him as the devil
"Sure," I said and we both walked home, the rain started as a drizzly, I was surprised but it didn't stop at that, for it started raining cat and dog. The devil and I took off, we used our bags as an umbrella. Before we got home we were already drenched, I quickly went to the doorsteps, but the devil kept dancing around, he is happy and laughing. I felt my heart rate increased, he looked at me and winked, even with the cold my cheeked still heat up. I was mesmerized, what am I thinking, he is my brother.
"Come on let's have some fun cupcake," he said dragging me into the rain with him, at his mere touch I melted, the sensation hit me, am seeing him in a new light. He really is something else.
We all had fun jumping around, I know I might be sick later but I couldn't ignore the fun
I was dancing around when he drew me closer
"Have you ever dance with the devil in the rain?" he asked with his devilish smile
"No" I replied, he then started jumping up and down, and skillfully adding robotic dance, I mimicked him.
We had a lot of fun we lost track of time, it was already evening when the rain stopped and we went inside, we took a hot bath. I kept making up conversations with him, I don't know why, but I just want to be with him, it never happened before. Maybe am just enjoying the fact he's acting more like a brother to me, yea that's why my heart keeps racing whenever he's near, and also with the fact he might change later.
The entire week have been fun, he didn't go to his regular football match, and I also turned down the offer of hanging out with Oliver, we did all the things I have ever wanted
"You think you can hide from the devil cupcake" I heard him screamed, am hiding from him, you know, hide and seek. Yesterday he thought me how to play ball, after hours he said am just hopeless.
"Found you," he said and unveiled the cotton am hiding. Normally in hide and seek, it's sad when you are caught, but with him am happy when he finds me. For at that moment he graces me with a smile that makes my stomach somersaults.
"Always," I said and he smiled.
"Come let's go to the boss lady she just called," he said taking my hand once again sending the chill down me. How come I feel all this for my brother and none for my boyfriend. I never had a brother so I don't know how ones feel for her brother but this definitely the best feelings.
The year party is on Friday, I wanted to go with the devil but Oliver came to take me, the devil said he might not make it too, so I sadly went with Oliver. I tried to have fun with him since I also haven't seen him for a week. I tried getting the devil off my mind but I couldn't and with Martha asking about him it was impossible.
"Now to call SS 2 top students" I always take 2nd with Oliver as 1st, it's just a normal thing,
Oliver was called up first, followed by me, typical, Mike followed before Martha, the both always drag this position, the principal called till 10th person. I couldn't believe my ears when he called the devil, our school is very competitive, being among the top 10 students need a seriously hard work and level of intelligence
"Where is he?" the principal asked, since he didn't come, I decided to go take his result from the principal
"He couldn't make it," I said and he handed it over to me, I have never seen him open his book, even the reading group we formed for better reading he never showed up, he is always on the field or listening to music, when the teacher teaches he shows no interest, so how is he among the top ten.
We all went back and Martha expressed her surprise on my brothers' position, we were taking the refreshment when our school football coach stood up.
"You all know that next year will be another state tournament," he said, yeah schools in our states always have a football tournament, we have never qualified but the coach never loses hope.
"I have a feeling we will qualify this time around" he declared the boys whistle, it's funny cause I already know the outcome.
"You might ask what made me bold, well we now have a Ronaldo, Mavis Okafor," he said and my eyes widened, the whole school erupts in shouting, is he that popular
"I have to admit, he really is Ronaldo" Oliver said beside me
"Is he that good" I have never seen him play
"He is just too good" he replied
"Too sad he is not here," the coach said, am more sad about it.
"I am" I heard the voice I know too well shouted and everybody went quiet, a smile automatically came on my face even before seeing him


Don't forget to click on the Ads
Thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&

The Sacrifice

Good news The Sacrifice is now available on Okadabooks for all my fans that still wants to read it https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sacrifice/28589