Skip to main content

SACRIFICE

THE SACRIFICE.

Chapter 1
Its always refreshing to be in a new city, its as if the air feels different, the sun shines brighter and warmer, everything intrigues you. My family just relocated to the town new, and its quite refreshing especially after my sister's incident, God bless her soul. Now we can finally put everything behind us. Am walking around taking in the environment, its beautiful, the town is just what I need. I smiled as I got a wink from a really cute boy, yes this town have a lot of cute guys and its quiet tempting since I made up my mind to avoid guys since my sister's incident.
"Whatever you want to say, am not interested" I said to the guy as he tried to speak, my words left him speechless and I walked away, politely. He is cute but not cute enough to shake my resolve. I keep walking down the street, when I think I have covered enough under one day I decided to go back home.
I walked slowly home, am not in a rush, am 18 years old through with secondary school, just waiting to write jamb, I will soon find a tutorial center to start, I guess I will find that tomorrow. I was still lost in thought when I heard someone calling
"Neighbor, neighbor" I turned to see our next door neighbor waving at me "wait up" she quickened her pace to meet up with me. "Where was your mind, I have been calling for long" she said a little out of breath.
I gave her a sheepish smile "sorry" I said and she waved it off
"By the way am Lydia" she said
"Am Antonia, but you can call me Tonia" I said and we continued our walk home.
"So how are you liking the neighborhood" she said,
"So far so good" I said with a shrug, she then started telling me about the power situation and how it works, from what she is saying I found out that they use to have power issue till they bought new transformer. She greeted people as we walked home, guess she is the popular type am just glad she didn't stop to have chitchat with any of them cause it would've been awkward fo me.
We kept chatting and am glad,  she is a nice girl, am saying this cause she didn't talk about anybody even the ones that greeted us as we pass, girls always like talking about people cause gossip is in our nature. So any girl that doesn't is nice to me and the best type of girl.
"This road use to be a mess but its now super cool" she said, you see? She keep talking about environment, I hope she grows up nicely, she is younger than me.
"Why are you not in school" I asked since today is school day, she smiled
"Had a stomach issue earlier today" she said and I just nodded, not long after we reached our house, mine is the first.
"Do you like novels" She asked, I just nodded, I actually don't, but come on who will ever say no, saying yes makes you look cool. "Good, come over I have one for you" she said gesturing me to come. If I knew it was a means to an invitation I would've been truthful, not that I don't like the invitation, I do,  cause I would've been miserable at home alone, but since she invited cause of book, she will now give me a book to read which will bore me to death.
"Alright" I agreed anyway and followed her to her house. She smiled, there is something about her smile, its not just a smile, she is happy that I accepted, it made me feel special, now I feel bad for lying.
"Nobody is at home" she said as she unlocked the door with her key, she urshered me in, we froze when we heard a noise, it sound like spoon and plate.
"Seems someone is home after all" I said and she smiled
"That would be one of the twins, they love their food" she said and moved towards the noise and I followed.
"I hope you left some for Paul" she said with amusement, I heard some mumbling, I scoffed, I know he mumbled cause he have his mouth filled with food. Boys.
He already picked my interest so I came out to see the eater, I froze on seeing him, his mere presence just broke down my wall and shakened my resolute, how can he be so handsome even with his mouth filled with food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accidental Brother book two

Synopsis Am such a fool I kept thinking as tears rolled down my eyes, I don't care about the awkward glance people are giving me I just couldn't control the tears. Mercy was right all men are the same, if Mike could cheat on her even after all his love then what makes Devil different. It would've been better if I didn't come to surprise him, I would still be living the lie and putting into account how heartbroken I am, the lie is not a bad idea. I remembered what we have been through, the court, the school, Oliver, and everything, I thought he was it for me. I looked at my finger and the ring he gave me still shines, it is a silver ring, if he knew he would be tempted by other girls why bother with the promise ring. I made the attempt to remove it, as it is the first time ever I found myself weak and unable to remove it, instead I wept. Will Cupcake be able to keep her love and her heart as Devils past threatens to break them apart. https://okadabooks.com/boo

The Sacrifice

Good news The Sacrifice is now available on Okadabooks for all my fans that still wants to read it https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_sacrifice/28589

Sacrifice

Chapter 11 I feel bad for what I have done, worst Paul didn't come out to help the situation, I misjudged him, maybe truthfully he followed Peter's footsteps then why isn't he here as Peter is here. "I won't allow her raise that bastard under this roof" she barked "Indirectly you're asking me to leave" Peter stared at her. She hesitated before replying "Am saying she should go, you have a future ahead of you" she said "So does she" Peter said pointing at me, I have never heard of anyone standing for a baby that isn't his. "Don't ruin your life for her" "Mom, its certain you guys won't accept her, and I can't stand and watch her being cast put by both families, so I will just leave with her to safe you all the stress and embarrassment" he said, not waiting for his mother to reply he went inside and brought out his bag, he must have prepared beforehand. "Come Missy, let's go&